Walsworth (WFBM, LLP)
Walsworth is a 50+ attorney law firm, with offices throughout California and in Seattle. The firm was established over 30 years ago and consistently strives to maintain a collegial and diverse work environment with opportunities for advancement. For the fifth consecutive year, Walsworth earned top rankings in Law360’s Glass Ceiling Report on both the “The Ceiling Smashers” list, a ranking of the best law firms for female partners, and the “The Best Firms for Female Attorneys” list. In 2020, Walsworth was rated #3 for best firms for female equity partners and in the top 20 for minority equity partners for firms of 100 or fewer attorneys. In addition to the firm’s focus on an inclusive workplace, Walsworth is committed to a family-friendly culture and cooperative workplace.
Seeking an experienced (3+ years), full-time (37.5 hours per week) Legal Assistant for a very busy desk, supporting 3 attorneys in our Transactional and General Litigation Departments in our Orange County office.
The ideal candidate will possess well-developed administrative, organizational, and teamwork skills, have a high level of initiative, excellent judgment and attention to detail, and will take pride in their work. Our established Firm is team-oriented, casual, and friendly. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please note that the selected candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Prepare legal and transactional documents including pleadings, correspondence and memorandum for attorneys.
– Calendar litigation deadlines; experience with Compulaw a plus.
– Prepare shell pleadings.
– Experience with Workshare Compare program preferred.
– Generate TOA/TOC.
– State and Federal e-filing, experience with File & ServeXpress.
– Assist with preparation for meetings, depositions, hearings, mediations, trials and other proceedings.
– Maintaining chron files.
– Back up secretarial team.
– Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with Firm employees
Qualifications and Skills:
– Minimum of three (3) years of litigation legal secretary experience.
– Accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation and excellent attention to detail.
– Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and comfortable using iManage/FileSite document management system.
– Job Details
– Law Practice
– Employment Type