Global intellectual property firm Fish & Richardson is hiring. Come join the top IP firm in the country as a trademark and copyright associate in our Silicon Valley office. At Fish, we promote a creative, respectful, and inclusive culture that values the diversity of people, and allows ingenuity to thrive.
Who you are…
- You have 2-4 years of U.S. and foreign trademark counseling, clearance, and prosecution experience including reviewing clearance searches and preparing substantive responses to PTO office actions.
- You have previous experience preparing and responding to cease and desist letters and handling other enforcement matters, including domain name disputes, UDRP actions,
- TTAB proceedings, and matters related to the use of trademarks on social media platforms.
- You have experience in copyright law.
- You thrive when using your analytical skills to conduct complex and detailed analysis of legal matters.
- You have superior writing skills and excellent academic credentials.
- You enjoy communicating with a diverse groups of clients, attorneys, and staff.
- You are enthusiastic about working within a team-oriented environment and will contribute to effective team relationships.
- You have an active membership in the state bar and compliance with CLE requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will work with nationally ranked trademark and copyright attorneys to protect brands across all industries. You will become a strategic counselor to clients seeking business-minded legal solutions in prosecution, enforcement and litigation, licensing and advertising. You will be a respected teammate, joining an elite group of attorneys solving intellectual property issues for the world’s leading companies. If you have a passion for trademark, copyright and intellectual property, we want to hear from you.