Atheria Law was founded on October 1, 2019, as a modern law firm dedicated to representing global insurance and reinsurance clients. Our team has broad experience representing insurers in all lines of insurance, with a focus on professional liability, technology, privacy, and cyber insurance policies. We have primary offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, with attorneys in Atlanta, and London, and plans for further growth.
We are a committed and dynamic firm and looking for attorneys to join us. Atheria proudly utilizes the newest technologies to provide industry-leading advice to our clients. We are dedicated to advancing a culture of diversity and inclusion. Over half of our founding partners are women. We encourage pro bono activity, and our attorneys regularly volunteer for a variety of community-focused organizations, including the BASF Justice & Diversity Center, Project Homeless Connect, KIND (Kids in Need of Defense), Legal Services for Children, and the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights. We are incredibly proud that Atheria has been recognized two years in a row as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area”.
We love what we do and are looking forward to adding to our fantastic team!
Atheria Law has an exciting opportunity for an experienced associate attorney to counsel and advise insurers with respect to first-party incidents and third-party claims submitted under policies covering technology, cyber/data breach, media, and privacy risks. The work is interesting, cutting-edge, and complex, often involving new and emerging technologies and consumer privacy issues. We are looking for an attorney who is detail-oriented and enjoys analyzing the facts of each claim, the contracts at issue, and the law. The billable hour requirement for this position is 1850 hours per year.
Duties and Responsibilities
Desired experiences include:
• Analyzing insurance contracts and policy forms
• Applying policy contract terms to a variety of claim scenarios
• Producing comprehensive written opinions, including strategic recommendations, to insurance clients
• Delivering high quality work product within defined service level agreements with client
Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate will have law firm experience, with an emphasis on the following attributes:
• Exceptional project management skills
• Knowledge of data privacy and security laws, and interest in keeping up to date with legislative trends and court decisions regarding cyber and data privacy
• Effective and persuasive writing and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage a fast-paced, complex workload while maintaining priorities and anticipating issues
• Ability to effectively interact with clients and colleagues, including with respect to communicating technical concepts and complex strategic guidance to individuals that may not have a technical background
• A calm demeanor, a “no job is too small” attitude, and the interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in a collaborative team environment
How to Apply
Please email resume to Julie McSorley, HR Manager, at Julie.McSorley@atherialaw.com.