Intuit is the global financial technology platform that powers prosperity for the people and communities we serve. With more than 100 million customers worldwide using TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. Our mission to power prosperity around the world inspires our teams of the world’s top talent to do the best work of their lives by delivering delightful solutions to our customers with speed and impact on a global scale. We further extend our mission by helping communities in the areas of job creation, job readiness, diversity & inclusion, and climate change. Our products help to put more money in the pockets of consumers and small businesses while giving them financial confidence to solve their most important problems.
Come join Intuit as a Payments Product Counsel! You’ll be an important part of Intuit’s mission to power prosperity around the world. We deliver on our mission by working to solve the most important financial problems of the customers and communities we serve. That means helping put more money in their pockets, eliminating work and drudgery so they can focus on their lives and what matters to them, and ensuring that they have complete confidence in every financial decision they make.
As a member of the Products Legal Team, you will be responsible for partnering with multiple innovative product teams around the world to ensure that Intuit’s money movement and banking as a service products are structured to achieve our strategy while complying with applicable regulations in domestic and international jurisdictions. You will provide advice and guidance to our product teams on a wide variety of legal and regulatory matters related to the development, launch and global expansion of Intuit’s money products. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to provide end to end support to our global product teams.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates produces better results and is critical to our success as a global company. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This role is hybrid with on-site expectations of 2-3 days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide timely, business-focused advice and counseling in support of our payments and banking as a service products on a broad range of legal and regulatory matters, including money movement, data privacy and protection, AML/sanctions, artificial intelligence, risk, marketing, complaints management, and partnerships in accordance with evolving global laws and regulations.
Advise on end to end product launch and lifecycle management at all stages from strategy, ideation, content design, user flows, engineering, go to market, terms of service, customer success, compliance and operations to support Intuit products globally.
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- At least five (5) years of experience primarily advising technology companies on product development and launch. Other financial services product counseling is a plus.
- Significant experience navigating regulations related to financial services (UDAP/UDAAP, FCRA, CAN SPAM, TCPA), particularly payments laws, including 50 state money transmission, NACHA, payment facilitator business models, recurring payments and subscriptions laws. Familiarity with navigating guidance coming out of federal and state agencies, including the FTC and CFPB.
- Significant breadth of knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: data privacy and protection, marketing, IP, mobile and cloud computing, competition law, and technology licensing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners about regulatory obligations and risk management processes.
- Ability to produce clear and succinct written legal analysis and business communications, and counsel and manage clients, including senior management.
- Ability to interact with and lead change with senior executive leaders.
- Ability to effectively frame issues to drive strategic thinking and execution.
- Comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity, and thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions.
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one US State Bar.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.intuit.com.