Cielo is the world’s leading Talent Acquisition Partner. We deliver a better talent experience for everyone through Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Executive Search, Contingent Workforce Solutions and Consulting services. With our fresh approach – we design and build comprehensive, proven solutions inspired by technology to find and keep the unique talent that elevates our clients above the competition.
Lineage is seeking a Senior Paralegal to join our Legal Department in supporting a company in high growth mode. The Senior Paralegal will provide legal support to Lineage’s logistics and technology teams with a primary focus on Lineage’s industry-leading end-to-end logistical solutions, including its transportation, freight forwarding, customs brokerage, rail car leasing, foodservice solutions, manufacturing and direct to consumer businesses and the development and deployment of related innovative technology.
The Senior Paralegal will be a sophisticated, business-oriented professional who can work effectively across all levels of the organization. He or she will collaborate with other legal groups and cross-functional business teams (including Compliance, Logistics, HR, Finance, Data Science; and Information, Systems & Technology) to assist the General Counsel and Senior Counsel in strategizing on, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of agreements relating to logistics, software licensing, solar and SaaS-related agreements. Some knowledge of intellectual property, including patent and trademark prosecution would be helpful.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of original correspondence involving critical thinking and writing skills
- Drafting work product with minimal instructions
- Handling complex projects
- Familiarity with Intellectual Property or Transportation- industry regulations (not a prerequisite but beneficial)
- Assist the attorneys in their review, and documentation of various transportation, direct to consumer, rail car leasing, solar/energy contracts and technology agreements.
- Manages intake and other incoming requests for legal review of contracts and other related corporate transactions
- Manage Lineage’s Hold Harmless Agreement review and tracking process Review and draft agreements as requested by the General Counsel and Senior Counsel
- Entry and maintenance of customer and supplier information in document management and contract information systems
- Work with the General Counsel and Senior Counsel to establish and maintain processes for profiling and tracking basic contract data and key contract provision
- Other duties as needed
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Associate’s degree in paralegal studies or paralegal certificate.
- 8-10 years of legal assistant experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and legal technology solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.