Senior Lead Counsel – Digital & Tech Regulatory
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading financial services company that has approximately $1.9 trillion in assets, proudly serves one in three U.S. households and more than 10% of small businesses in the U.S., and is a leading middle market banking provider in the U.S. We provide a diversified set of banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through our four reportable operating segments: Consumer Banking and Lending, Commercial Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Wealth & Investment Management. Wells Fargo ranked No. 47 on Fortune’s 2023 rankings of America’s largest corporations. In the communities we serve, the company focuses its social impact on building a sustainable, inclusive future for all by supporting housing affordability, small business growth, financial health, and a low-carbon economy.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Counsel to join the Technology, Digital & Innovation Section within the Enterprise Functions Division in the Legal Department to support regulatory and issue management work for Strategy, Digital & Innovation and Wells Fargo Technology. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
– Serve as a senior legal advisor to Wells Fargo Technology, Strategy, Digital & Innovation, their control executives, and their line of business clients in analyzing and managing issues and risks that arise from their business activities.
– Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking, and coordination of highly complex activities and guidance to others
– Collaborate with and influence all levels of professionals, including Regulatory Relations, Control Executives, Government Relations & Public Policy, legal, risk and compliance stakeholders
– Review and analyze complex large scale or long term challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
– Advise more experienced leadership to develop or influence objectives, plans, specifications, resources, and long-term goals for highly complex business and needs
– Handle matters that have a significant impact on the Company’s operations, strategies, or profitability
– Provide legal advice on matters for management of the Corporation and its subsidiaries
– Provide vision, direction and expertise to more experienced leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that are large in scale or companywide strategies
– Develop and lead implementation of strategic business initiatives, and lead work team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
– Provide substantive legal advice on matters for more experienced management of the Corporation
– Educate, train, and supervise less experienced attorneys within the Legal department
– Oversee and take an active role in the education and training of a team of attorneys
– Engage and influence stakeholders, internal partners and peers associated with the function or affected by its outcomes
Skills and Competencies
– Significant experience in advising banks or financial technology companies related to supervisory agency reviews, risk and issue management and remediation related to U.S. and international third-party service provider risks, antitrust laws, payment networks, business resiliency and continuity, import/export controls, cloud technology, licensing, records management, privacy and data security.
– Significant knowledge of OCC, Federal Reserve, FDIC, FFIEC, FINRA and SEC supervisory requirements for bank holding companies, banks, broker-dealers and investment advisors
– Proven collaboration skills with the ability to interface with regulators, internal regulatory relation stakeholders, external trade associations, legal subject matter experts across the enterprise, and business stakeholders
– Ability to think creatively with dynamic presentation skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven experience presenting to senior leaders and providing expert analysis of proposed initiatives when there is a lack of clear law or regulation
– Strong risk assessment skills and subject matter knowledge
– Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
Qualifications and Prior Experience
– 7+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
– Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
How to Apply
Apply online at www.wellsfargojobs.com (requisition number R-312568)
Job Bank Sponsorship Opportunity
Each quarter, one law firm and one company will have the opportunity to show their support for diversity in the legal profession and help advance the careers of attorneys of color by becoming a CMCP Job Bank Sponsor.