Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
We’re seeking a motivated, conscientious Senior Director, Global Ethics & Compliance to lead the global Ethics & Compliance function at Mattel. In addition to responsibility for compliance processes at Mattel, the Senior Director, Global Ethics & Compliance will help ensure that Mattel’s business operates in accordance with laws and regulations, as well as Company policies and procedures designed to prevent illegal or unethical business practices, at all levels and in all locations, and will be based at Corporate Headquarters in El Segundo, California (though it is currently remote due to Covid-19).
What Your Impact Will Be:
- You will lead and continue the development and implementation of a “best in class” global ethics and compliance program designed to identify and mitigate legal and regulatory risk, and propagate a culture of compliance and ethics throughout
- Mattel’s worldwide business and operations. In this role, you will:
- Implement or expand preventive measures to ensure compliance, including the design, implementation, and monitoring of controls across all areas of Mattel’s business and operations.
- Design and lead compliance-related risk assessments to identify key risks, and periodically evaluate compliance controls to ensure that they are operating to prevent and mitigate those risks; you will also help to ensure effective, regular
- monitoring and testing of relevant compliance controls.
- Ensure appropriate and clear action plans are taken to identify and remediate violations of laws and regulations, as well as Company policies and procedures.
- Actively promote the importance of compliance throughout the organization.
- Implement and oversee a robust, global training program to ensure awareness of and compliance with applicable laws and regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate controls concerning compliance by suppliers, corporate partners and other third parties.
- Manage compliance-related audits and inspections by external parties, and ensure findings are remediated appropriately as needed.
- Provide strategic guidance and regular feedback to the Chief Legal Officer, Mattel’s Executive Leadership Team, and Board of Directors regarding the design and operation of Mattel’s compliance program, key risks and issues, emerging trends, and the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance program operations and resourcing.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal business clients across Mattel, including Legal, HR, Product Safety & Quality, Global Supply Chain, Commercial Sales, Government Affairs, and others to develop planning and implementation systems that support compliance objectives and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Lead or support Mattel’s response to compliance-related inquiries, investigations, or proceedings initiated by any governmental, regulatory authority, or NGO, as applicable.
- Conduct and manage internal investigations in collaboration with other internal stakeholders and, as necessary, with outside counsel, to ensure prompt and effective investigation, resolution, and remediation of compliance concerns.
- Update and draft Company policies and procedures related to Mattel’s compliance program and Code of Conduct.
What We’re Looking For:
- Broad knowledge in the field of compliance required, including employment and HR laws and policies, anti-bribery and anti-corruption (including FCPA), trade sanctions and export controls (including OFAC), antitrust / competition, anti-money laundering, insider trading, conflicts of interest, human rights, internal investigations, and whistle blower / anonymous reporting, with expert knowledge in FCPA, trade and export control, and antitrust/ competition preferred.
- Ability to stay apprised of material legal / regulatory developments and compliance trends, and timely incorporate into Company policies and procedures.
- Experience developing risk assessments, managing responses to government and regulatory inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, and examinations, and managing internal investigations.
- Global experience in dealing with governmental and regulatory authorities in the U.S., Latin America, Europe, and Asia strongly preferred.
- Experience reporting to executive management and the Board of Directors on emerging trends and regulatory issues.
- Ability to identify compliance risks proactively – and then mitigate those risks effectively, working constructively with stakeholders.
- Ability to be an effective partner to senior executives and cultivate their trust and confidence, and work collaboratively to ensure a culture of compliance in all Mattel operations. Comfortable engaging proactively with a range of colleagues, including in different locations around the world and managing relevant cultural differences.
- Ability to understand and keep up to date with Mattel’s business, operations, and relevant commercial and regulatory environments to assess evolving risks and compliance objectives.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and evaluate their broader implications for the business; interact with clients at all levels; provide timely, practical, legal advice and solutions; and communicate effectively in person and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and take ownership of issues and matters to their successful conclusion.
- Exemplary leadership and organization skills, including program and project management, prioritization and time management
- Preference to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to foster a compliance culture
- JD from an accredited law school and strong academic credentials
- 12+ years corporate compliance and ethics experience, preferably at a top-tier law firm, governmental enforcement authority, and/or mid-to-large entertainment company; strong preference for at least 5 years’ experience as in-house compliance counsel
- Experience managing outside counsel and legal budgets preferred
How to Apply:
See this link for more details and to apply: https://jobs.mattel.com/job/el-segundo/senior-director-global-ethics-and-compliance/2015/3343889136
Also, let me know you saw it here first by sending me your resume: [email protected]