Chegg is looking for a Senior Counsel – Litigation to join our strong legal team. This position will report to the Head of Litigation and will support the team on all litigation matters involving Chegg and/or its subsidiaries, both domestic and international. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can manage a broad range of litigation matters, can quickly identify and manage risks, and navigate can complex business and legal team demands. This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting company with an amazing culture and a strong and passionate legal team.
In partnership with in-house and outside counsel, the Senior Counsel – Litigation will assist the team in developing and managing the defense of a wide range of litigation matters, ensuring that Chegg’s position is fully, properly, and accurately represented in court, and to internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Counsel – Litigation should be comfortable and have experience handling various types of litigation in different areas of business litigation, including single plaintiff and complex matters, including class actions matters. Experience in IP litigation is a plus.
The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including individuals in both legal and business roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Help develop and drive strategy on Chegg’s current and anticipated litigation matters, both domestically and internationally.
– Manage a broad range of litigation matters, from single plaintiff to complex litigation, including matters relating to IP, securities, contract disputes, etc.
– Supervise and manage outside counsel, including actively developing litigation strategy, overseeing litigation matters, and supporting with discovery.
– Attend depositions, mediations, trials, etc. as necessary.
– Maintain communication and compliance with the company’s insurance carriers.
– Build strong and long-term relationships of trust and confidence with stakeholders throughout Chegg.
Qualifications and Prior Experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple cases simultaneously and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
– Proven track record of effectively working cross-functionally and cross-culturally with partners at all levels.
– Excellent ability to collaborate with, motivate, and engage others.
– Extraordinary analytical ability and advocacy skills.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience with single plaintiff and complex litigation; IP litigation experience is a plus. In-house legal experience is preferred, though not required.
– JD from an accredited U.S. law school and an active member in good standing of a U.S. state bar, and licensed to practice in California or eligible to register in California as in-house/single-client counsel.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on the Chegg website: https://www.chegg.com/about/working-at-chegg/