The Senior Counsel will work in the Law Department, reporting to the Managing Counsel for Regulatory, Land and
Environment within the PG&E Law Department. The Senior Counsel will have the opportunity to advise clients within
PG&E’s Environmental Management, Remediation, Corporate Real Estate, and Land Management organizations, as
well as the Company’s operational Lines of Business, on a broad range of environmental matters including:
* Licensing and permitting of utility construction projects and operations and maintenance activities;
* CPUC vs. local jurisdiction over utility activities;
* Compliance with federal and state environmental laws including those related to air quality, water quality,
protected species, hazardous substances and hazardous waste, and climate change;
* Investigation and remediation of contaminated sites; and enforcement defense, including citizen suit litigation
under federal environmental laws such as the Endangered Species Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and the
* Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
* Workload permitting, the Senior Counsel will also be provided opportunities to develop expertise in other areas of law,
including but not limited to land rights and regulatory proceedings.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The
assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
Reports to the Managing Counsel — Regulatory, Environment and Land.
Work with PG&E’s Environmental organization and Lines of Business on interpretation of environmental
regulations and permit requirements.
Provide timely and business-focused advice and counsel to PG&E’s Environmental organization and Lines of
Business on licensing and permitting, compliance with environmental regulations, environmental remediation,
enforcement defense, and related matters.
Research, review, interpret, and provide advice and counsel on state and federal statutes, administrative
regulations, decisional authority, tariffs, and any other relevant legal sources as they apply to specific utility
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership
* Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
* Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
* Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
* Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
* A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
* Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
* Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
* Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
* Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
* Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
* Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
* Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
* Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and
* Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
* Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
* J.D. from an accredited law school.
* 10-year legal experience or other industry experience relevant to the position.
* 7-year experience as a practicing attorney.
* Active Bar Admission in California or, alternatively, Registered In-House Counsel permit for California.
How to Apply
Please apply here.
Hiring Leader Name: Steven William Frank
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that
actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status,
medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.