UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
Perform a vital role in a world-class health organization. Deliver legal expertise in a challenging and highly-rewarding environment. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As our Senior Counsel, Employment you will provide advice and counsel on complex legal matters in labor and employment law, including matters of access, constitutional rights, immigration, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disability, accommodation, and policy and procedure review. Working closely with leadership and management across our entire clinical enterprise, you will:
• Collaborate with the litigation team regarding employment-related claims.
• Analyze employment practices and create appropriate action plans.
• Provide counsel and guidance on local policy updates.
• Negotiate and draft separation and settlement agreements.
• Serve as a trusted strategic partner with University business units, providing practical advice and alternative solutions to business issues.
• Advise and render opinions.
• Help develop and modify practices and procedures to conform with changing legal requirements and University policies.
• Prepare and obtain legal opinions and advice through consultation, review, and research.
• Offer functional advice and guidance to human resources and management.
• Provide leadership in conflict resolution and mediation.
We’re seeking an exceptional attorney with:
• Eight or more years of related experience – experience in a hospital setting preferred.
• Knowledge of federal/state labor and employment laws.
• Experience in employment law as applied in the context of educational institutions, academic personnel, research compliance accreditation, international agreements, risk management, public/governmental entities, and litigation.