NextGen Healthcare is a leading healthcare solutions provider on a relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and their patients. We support the providers of ambulatory care and the communities they serve. Our comprehensive, integrated technology and services platform supports ambulatory and specialty practices of all sizes.
Senior Counsel is responsible for providing a full range of company-wide legal analysis, advice, and solutions to the organization under the direction of the Associate General Counsel. The Senior Counsel will serve as a key business partner, with the need to understand the strategy and trajectory of the Company and to assist the business with solutions to reach our collective short and long-term goals and initiatives.
The Senior Counsel will demonstrate a high ability to adjust to changing circumstances and willingness to cross-train in multiple practice areas
- Investigate, research and provide general legal advice concerning a broad range of questions and circumstances which arise in the Company’s day-to-day business activities, operations and health care compliance. Make and enact legal decisions that impact the Company and its performance.
- Counsel and assist in third-party dispute resolution; manage disputes and other contested matters, including representing the Company in communications and negotiations with dispute counterparties; support management of litigation matters.
- Assist with responses to subpoenas, investigations and other legal information requests.
- Participates and supports Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) activity, financings, and other strategic transactions, and related work streams (including overseeing due diligence and post-close matters).
- Advise on regulatory and compliance-related matters, including with respect to healthcare and data privacy and security regulations.
- Stay abreast of evolving best practices and proposed and existing legislation affecting the Company; advise stakeholders and update policies and other operational documents as necessary.
- Assist with other special projects and take on new responsibilities over time.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent judgment with legal and business acumen and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including contract drafting and negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively build relationships with and advise business partners and senior executives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to negotiate, compromise, and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations, and to interact effectively with company leadership.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Adaptability and willingness to work on a broad variety and high volume of simple to complex legal matters and tasks.
- Collaborative work-style in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and strong problem-solving skills.
3+ years of legal experience at a top tier law firm or in-house.
Experience in the healthcare IT sector.
Must be admitted to a State Bar and in good standing
Must be entitled to practice law in the jurisdiction where employed