Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software.
Looking for the opportunity to use your legal skills in a career that combines innovative technology and creativity, ultimately helping to design and make a better world? Are you passionate about delivering high-impact legal counsel that moves strategic business forward? If this sounds like you, read on!
This is an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution to the direction of our business and Autodesk’s future success as a legal business partner supporting Autodesk’s Digital Platform and Experience (DPE) division. We are searching for an experienced attorney to provide business-savvy advice to the teams building our products, platforms, and digital customer experiences.
Reporting to the Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, you will partner with business and legal colleagues to provide business-enabling, practical, and creative legal guidance, directly impacting the company’s ability to meet and exceed strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Proactively partner with business leaders in order to build a trusted advisor relationship: engaging with colleagues at all levels, apply excellent legal judgment and communication skills to provide practical, clear, and concise counsel
– Understand Autodesk’s business and technical strategy and provide legal support for the evolution of our business models, customer engagements, and the delivery of DPE products, systems, platforms, and digital experiences
– Support and serve as first point of contact on all legal issues arising out of our Subscriber Platform Group (SPG) and Digital Experience Design (DXD) organizations within the DPE division, as well as various other working and/or project groups within DPE
– Support DPE product and platform readiness and release, as well as other ongoing business and technical initiatives, by identifying and driving resolution of legal issues. These include issues related to intellectual property, privacy, data privacy and security, competition, data use, and other legal and regulatory areas
– Work closely with legal colleagues to provide consistent and business-aware legal advice across the division and the company. Create connections and collaborate with legal colleagues supporting product/platform outside of DPE on all relevant aspects of the business
– Partner with colleagues in the legal department to understand and provide input on practices and systems, ensuring legal and regulatory requirements are met
– Develop and implement processes, trainings, and risk positions to enable rapid business execution while mitigating risk
Skills and Competencies:
– Superior business acumen, with proven ability to come up with creative, pragmatic solutions that achieve corporate objectives while mitigating legal risk
– Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact authentically and professionally at all levels, from senior executives to interns
– Demonstrated ability to work in a complex environment to provide consistent, practical, timely, and business-enabling legal advice. Experience providing legal support for businesses or programs with multiple stakeholders
– Ability to work independently with little supervision, applying good judgment in identifying issues that need to be escalated.
– Intellectual curiosity, solid sense of humor, humility, and team-player working style
– JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school; member in good standing of the California Bar
– Minimum of 6 years in-house experience at a SAAS, PAAS, or IAAS technology company. Prior related experience at a well-regarded law firm is highly desirable
– Expertise and experience in technology licensing and product development, contracting, intellectual property, data privacy and data analytics, and compliance law matters