Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide. The firm specializes in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, including: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest-growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Clyde & Co has an opportunity for a senior Insurance coverage litigation attorney with 10+ years’ experience, to be located in either San Francisco, Los Angeles or Irvine, CA. We are looking for a bright attorney and an excellent writer who is highly motivated and proactive with their caseload—someone who will be able to act independently and comfortable taking on a leadership role with their cases, with experience and an interest in working on complex insurance coverage litigation matters, and who is comfortable with client interaction with high level executives of major insurance companies.
The position involves representation of insurers with respect to insurance coverage, litigation management and alternative dispute resolution. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced attorney who is able to work within a busy and fast-paced team environment, and looking to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develop litigation strategy for insurance coverage litigation business disputes and class-actions;
– Conduct complex and rigorous legal research and analysis, and draft memoranda;
– Analyze insurance policies, draft analyses of coverage issues and provide coverage advice and recommendations for clients;
– Draft and review pleadings, memos, briefs, interrogatories, and other legal correspondence and litigation documents;
– Take and defend depositions;
– Attend court hearings and mediations;
– Document review;
– Work on all aspects of pretrial to trial;
– Manage and supervise associates and paralegals
– Interact with clients.
Education and Experience Required
– Admission to practice in California preferred but not required;
– 10+ years of insurance coverage litigation experience, particularly with general liability policies;
– State and federal court experience;
– Excellent academic credentials;
– Solid work history.
Skills and Abilities Required
– Strong research, writing, and analytical skills;
– Interpersonal, leadership and mentoring skills;
– Ability to handle matters of a highly sensitive nature;
– Ability to handle time sensitive matters, sometimes several simultaneously;
– Ability to interact with clients and command client confidence;
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
– Excellent organizational and time management skills;
– Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
We offer a rewarding work environment that supports professional growth and opportunities. We value diversity in our work place and it is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.
CLYDE & CO PRIVACY NOTICE: https://www.clydeco.com/help/privacy