TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
Our team provides legal guidance for all TikTok US’s innovative consumer-facing products and services, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help technical and business teams achieve their goals by understanding our offerings and providing recommendations to help TikTok comply with legal requirements.
– Act as the primary legal counsel for several product lines in the US, responsible for advising on the launch of new and updated consumer products, features and services, identifying and mitigating critical legal and reputation risks, addressing pre-litigation disputes, negotiating strategic transactions, and engaging with regulators and determining appropriate compliance controls.
– You will serve as a key partner to business leadership and lead development of strategies to address legal issues in creative, business-centric ways.
– You will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly. And, provide strategic guidance, including guides and playbooks for the business.
– Collaborate with product, product operations, public policy, communications, privacy, trust & safety and other cross-functional colleagues on product guidance, communications, policy development, and enforcement decisions
– The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy continuous challenges and a fast pace, and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
– As a team leader, the successful candidate will also be an effective, inclusive manager, skilled at developing and growing highly skilled legal counsel and professionals.
– Periodic limited travel, domestic and international, will be required.
– In-house experience with a user-generated content platform
– Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
– Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
– Comfort working in a global environment with colleagues at all levels in various time zones in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
– Experience with contests and marketing
– Self-starter with a sense of humor, positive attitude, and passion for the creator economy
– Bachelor’s degree plus a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
– Member in good standing of the California or New York bar or Registered In-house Counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction
– 8-12 years of post-qualification experience, past experience should include 4+ years product counseling at an leading consumer-facing digital application, ideally including user-generated content
– At least 4 years of experience counseling on product that include payments or fintech-related features
How to apply:
Apply to the following links/locations: