At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
Ginger’s mission is to improve behavioral health care by applying AI and machine learning. The Ginger proprietary app delivers clinically validated self-care content, along with video and chat access to coaches, therapists, psychiatrists, and their members. This virtual mental health network provides high-quality emotional support to employees, while reducing medical spend for employers and payers.
Our legal team works cross functionally to help achieve Ginger’s mission of creating a world where mental health is never an obstacle. With our recent announcement to merge with Headspace to further fuel our mission, our legal team will support all the teams throughout the organizations under Headspace Health. We’re a collaborative group working together to solve complex problems and help the business navigate through challenging issues in a hyper growth environment.
We are looking for a product counsel to join our legal team. This is a great opportunity to help develop and scale a product legal program in a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues and company departments, including product management, engineering, user experience research, product marketing, product design, and member support.
We are looking for a collaborative team player willing to dive in and bring a business-oriented, thoughtful, practical mindset to solving problems. While the main focus is product counseling, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate and support other parts of the business. This role will report to a senior member of the legal team.
In this role, you will:
– Work directly with the product, engineering, information security, and marketing teams on product and feature development and releases, and provide practical advice in all areas of the law that touch on product development
– Project manage and work directly with product marketing and product teams on go-to-market plans and materials
– Become a trusted partner and gain a deep, technical understanding of our products and services, R&D processes, and customer/member facing products
– Partner with other legal stakeholders to surface, communicate, and drive resolution and mitigation strategies around concerns relating to products
– Stay abreast of changes to U.S. and international laws and policies relevant to product goals and objectives and applicable privacy laws
– Support commercial legal requests as needed, including reviewing, drafting and revising contracts for the product areas you support
– Have autonomy on how you execute your responsibilities with the legal team’s support
– Educate and train stakeholders on legal and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to new members of the Product team
– Creative problem solver comfortable with assessing risks and making decisions
– Experience in one or more of the following areas: telehealth, B2B and D2C products, consumer protection, data privacy and healthcare compliance.
– Familiarity with issue-spotting regulatory issues and supporting driving compliant solutions
– Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability to assess and clearly communicate risks and tradeoffs to business partners
– Ability to breakdown legal concepts and explain them in plain language to non-lawyers with relevant contextual examples
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment independently
– Highly-responsive and service-oriented approach to driving projects to completion
– 4+ years combined experience working in-house as product counsel and/or at a law firm counseling high-growth tech companies on product, privacy, commercial, and/or strategic partnerships
– Located in SF or larger Bay Area