Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
• Assist in preparing, reviewing and filing SEC periodic reports and other securities filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K Form S-8s.
• Assist in preparing annual proxy statement and organizing annual stockholder meeting.
• Support Section 16 compliance matters, including preparing and filing Section 16 reports on Forms 3, 4 and 5.
• Manage general corporate governance and maintenance for domestic and international subsidiaries, including preparing filings, resolutions and other corporate governance requirements including annual reports, and organizing and maintaining corporate records.
• Assist on formations, reorganizations and dissolutions of subsidiaries, as well as other corporate transactions.
• Assist in administration and coordination of board of directors and board committee meetings for the publicly-listed parent company and its domestic and international subsidiaries.
• Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from the company’s internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Work with in-house and outside counsel, and other stakeholders to ensure that templates are in compliance with legal requirements and best practices.
• Assist with general corporate matters.
• Bachelors’ degree or paralegal certificate is required.
• 5+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience.
• 2+ years of experience at a public company or working in-house is strongly preferred..
• Proficient with Equity Edge Online and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Onenote). Experience with external data sites (e.g., Directors Desk) and subsidiary management databases a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and well-organized, with the ability to operate independently in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams including Finance, Tax, Treasury, Global Stock Plan Services, Compliance, Human Resources, executive officers, directors, financial advisors, outside law firms, brokers and company auditors.
• Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity and sound judgment.
• Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.