TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Mountain View, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Our global legal team provides key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global markets. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright, and capable legal professionals to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to provide exceptional legal support for business marketing matters involving TikTok. The responsibilities and requirements for the role are described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as a dedicated legal advisor for business marketing (B2B) teams.
– Provide strategic counsel and collaborate with internal teams on a broad range of business marketing initiatives to grow TikTok’s advertising sales business and expand the reach and adoption of TikTok’s ad products and services.
– Provide advice on a variety of campaigns and projects including events, productions, creator engagement, content review, case studies, training, use of collateral across digital and non-digital channels, and other initiatives to support monetization for TikTok.
– Lead the drafting and negotiation of marketing and vendor contracts including MSAs and SOWs, sponsorship and partnership contracts, creator management contracts, creative agency agreements, and other agreements and guidelines related to the company’s business marketing efforts.
– Build trust and drive strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
– Build policies and workflows to support an efficient and robust business marketing program.
– Assist with general transactions and other commercial legal matters as needed.
Skills and Competencies
– Demonstrated experience providing legal counsel to marketing or advertising teams and strong knowledge of the laws, regulations, and industry standards in this area.
– Highly organized and energetic, able to navigate a fast-paced environment, and be highly responsive to deadline-oriented clients.
– Must be a pragmatic, business-oriented problem solver who is driven to do better than the status quo.
– Knowledge of IAB standard terms as well as advertising laws and policies, including FTC Guidelines, data collection and use best practices, and other digital advertising industry standards is a plus.
Qualifications and Prior Experience
– Bachelor’s degree plus a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school.
– Member in good standing of the California or New York bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
– 5 or more years of post-qualification experience, with in-house and digital advertising industry experience strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please apply here.