Walsworth (WFBM, LLP)
Walsworth is a 50+ attorney law firm, with offices throughout California and in Seattle. The firm was established over 30 years ago and consistently strives to maintain a collegial and diverse work environment with opportunities for advancement. For the fifth consecutive year, Walsworth earned top rankings in Law360’s Glass Ceiling Report on both the “The Ceiling Smashers” list, a ranking of the best law firms for female partners, and the “The Best Firms for Female Attorneys” list. In 2020, Walsworth was rated #3 for best firms for female equity partners and in the top 20 for minority equity partners for firms of 100 or fewer attorneys. In addition to the firm’s focus on an inclusive workplace, Walsworth is committed to a family-friendly culture and cooperative workplace.
Walsworth is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our marketing team to coordinate, implement, and support the efforts of our highly active and growing California offices. The ideal candidate will have familiarity or previous experience with marketing and business development in the legal industry that will help the firm’s continued growth. This role will require supporting business development efforts, such as developing client pitches, and identifying new business opportunities stemming from marketing initiatives. The individual will work with attorneys to develop and implement growth strategies and nurture relationships with existing clients. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating business development, assist in responding to RFPs and pipeline development, and social media management.
Responsibilities also include:
– Conduct strategic research on potential clients, competitors and practice developments more broadly to identify business trends and opportunities and ensure that Walsworth is optimally positioned to grow market share.
– Draft materials and play a coordinating role in connection with pitches, RFPs and other new business opportunities.
– Craft and update marketing materials, including website content, brochures, lawyer biographies, at-a-glance documents, etc.
– Assist attorneys with editing and placing bylined articles in key legal, trade, and business publications. Repurpose client alerts, blogs, and other marketing communications tools for media pitches.
– Contribute ideas to increase brand awareness and profile, including driving outward-facing activities such as sponsored events, in-house presentations, professional speaking opportunities, articles and media interviews.
– Coordinate firm-hosted business development events, including receptions, client entertainment outings, substantive presentations, webcasts, etc., working closely with participating lawyers on invitation list development, event materials, participant tracking, on-site management and targeted follow-up activities.
– Assist with coordination of the marketing budget: assist with vetting big-ticket requests and analyzing marketing expenses and effectiveness thereof.
– Organize and drive client targeting programs for supported areas, including prompting and monitoring pursuit activities, and tracking results and ROI.
– Develop strategies and approaches to facilitate collaborative business development, branding and strategic involvement in the legal and business communities.
– Build on the firm’s existing social and digital platforms by soliciting, creating, and posting impactful content that reflects the priorities and culture of the firm and maximizes engagement with diverse audiences.
– Assist attorneys on the development of their individual business plans.
– Must be driven and proactive.
– Successful candidates are creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
– Candidates must have a professional, yet approachable, demeanor—displaying comfort and confidence with lawyers and staff throughout the firm.
– Knowledge of competitive legal landscape and optimization of same.
– Ability to understand and provide service area intelligence to aid strategic development, operational flows and business growth initiatives.
– Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, mechanics, patterns, tools, and measurement. Advanced knowledge of social media strategies with regards to issues and brand management, as well as experience proactively managing a firm’s/company’s online reputation.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Practical critical thinking and problem-solving skills and well-developed analytical skills. Ability to analyze problems and provide effective strategies and solutions.
– Demonstrates excellent organizational abilities, mature interpersonal relationships, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
– 3-5 years’ experience in related area.
– Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties.
– Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.