Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It’s an exciting time to work at Netflix!
Our legal team seeks a talented and experienced manager to join the Netflix Marketing Legal team, based in our Los Angeles, California office. This is an exciting opportunity to join the group of attorneys, contract managers, and coordinators who support the series marketing and publicity teams as well as our paid social and media buying teams on all facets of our expanding slate of original series. In this role, the successful candidate will advise on rights and restrictions, drafting and negotiating contracts and conducting campaign activation and creative review. Come help some of the most innovative marketing ideas happen!
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a paralegal, contracts manager or equivalent. In-house experience at a studio/entertainment company or advertising/creative agency is a plus.
- Substantial experience in negotiating and drafting various marketing and content production related agreements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, agency master services agreements, production services agreements, statements of work, talent/influencer agreements, event and sponsorship agreements).
- Experience reviewing and providing guidance on marketing activations, contests/sweepstakes, promotions, talent agreements, creative review, rights analysis, credit and guild issues, intellectual property and clearance issues associated with marketing materials for all media, including digital and social media.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to thoughtfully yet concisely communicate with legal and non-legal stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinking and strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
- Excellent organizational and records management skills.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Willingness to tackle new subjects outside of areas of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises.
Last but not least, the successful candidate must be excited about and thrive in our unique company culture.