The Norton Law Firm is a litigation boutique based in Oakland representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation. We strive to practice law at the highest level, support one another as lawyers and as human beings, and to have fun doing it.
As a litigation paralegal at the firm, you will help manage and prepare for discovery, assist with factual and legal research, prepare court filings, and support the team at trial.
– Review and draft routine legal documents
– Maintain case files Facilitate the meeting of attorney’s deadlines by keeping organized schedules and providing timely reminders
– Conduct legal research
– Prepare, review, and cite-check litigation filings
– Trial Preparation
– Team player
– Familiarity with document review platforms, e-discovery
– Familiarity with document management systems, such as NetDocs Proficiency with Microsoft Word Strong oral and written communication skills – Excellent time management skills
– Sense of humor
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ABA approved paralegal certificate 2-6+ years experience as a litigation paralegal Federal and California state court experience