Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000+ staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide. The firm specializes in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, including: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest-growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Clyde & Co is seeking a Litigation Attorney with 3 to 6 years of experience to work with their practice focused on litigating maritime, transportation, commercial and insurance disputes, and on providing corporate and business legal advice to transportation companies. This position would be ideally located in Los Angeles or Irvine, CA, but can also be in other US locations for the right candidate.
We are looking for a bright litigator and an excellent writer who is highly motivated and proactive with their caseload—someone who will be able to act independently and comfortable taking on a leadership role with their cases, with an interest in working on complex maritime and transportation litigation matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Taking depositions, attending court hearings and mediations as required;
– Drafting motions, pleadings, briefs, discovery requests and interrogatories, and other legal correspondence and litigation documents;
– Conducting complex and rigorous legal research and analysis, and drafting memoranda;
– Analyzing insurance policies, drafting analyses of coverage issues, and providing coverage and business legal advice and recommendations to clients;
– Reviewing document collections in preparation for litigation;
– Working on all aspects of pretrial to trial;
Education and Experience:
– Admitted to practice in California; additional admissions are a plus.
– 3 to 6 years of commercial litigation and/or casualty litigation experience is required.
– Maritime and transportation litigation experience is ideal.
– Court room experience including motions is required;
– Trial experience is a plus.
Skills and Ability:
– Strong writing, and analytical skills;
– Strong Interpersonal skills;
– Ability to handle matters of a highly sensitive nature;
– Ability to handle time sensitive matters, sometimes several simultaneously;
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
– Excellent organizational and time management skills;
– Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Clyde & Co shifted to virtual work for the majority of our lawyers and business services team with the global outbreak of Covid-19. This precaution was taken to help protect our people, clients and communities. It is likely that this role will start virtually while the firm continues to evaluate the situation.