Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000+ staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide. The firm specializes in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, including: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest-growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Clyde & Co is seeking a Litigation Associate with 3 to 5 years of experience to work with our downtown Los Angeles office. The team handles matters on behalf of public and private entities in the areas of high exposure personal injury, product liability, abuse, employment law, habitability and ADA matters. We are looking for a bright litigator familiar with the litigation process, and an excellent writer who is highly motivated and proactive with their caseload—someone who will be able to act independently throughout the discovery process and assist in trial, with an interest in working on those matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Taking depositions, arguing motions, and attending court hearings and mediations as required;
– Drafting motions, pleadings, briefs, discovery requests and interrogatories, and other legal correspondence and litigation documents;
– Conducting complex and rigorous legal research and analysis, and drafting memoranda;
– Preparing status reports and recommendations to clients;
– Reviewing document collections in preparation for litigation;
– Working on all aspects of litigation, from the initial responsive pleading through trial.
-Admitted to practice in California;
-3 to 5 years of litigation experience is required;
-Litigation experience in personal injury and/or product liability and/or employment law is ideal;
-State and Federal court experience;
-Trial experience is a plus;
– Strong academics and solid work history.
Skills and Ability:
– Strong writing, and analytical skills;
– Strong Interpersonal skills;
-vAbility to handle matters of a highly sensitive nature;
– Ability to handle time sensitive matters, sometimes several simultaneously;
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
– Excellent organizational and time management skills;
– Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Clyde & Co shifted to virtual work for the majority of our lawyers and business services team with the global outbreak of Covid-19. This precaution was taken to help protect our people, clients and communities. It is likely that this role will start virtually while the firm continues to evaluate the situation.
It is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.
CLYDE & CO PRIVACY NOTICE: https://www.clydeco.com/help/privacy