Website Clyde & Co US LLP
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide. The firm specializes in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, including: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance.
Clyde & Co’s litigation group seeks an enthusiastic associate (3-6 years) to join our downtown Los Angeles office. The team handles matters on behalf of public and private entities in the areas of abuse, harassment, and personal injury. The ideal candidate will have an interest in furthering their litigation skills as a key member of an active and growing litigation practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare pleadings, briefs and other litigation documents
• Prepare correspondence to colleagues and clients
• Conduct legal research
• Work on all aspects of pretrial to trial
• Attend depositions, hearings, and mediations as required
• Provide appeals and trial support.
Skills and Competencies:
• Must possess strong research, writing, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle matters of a highly sensitive nature
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
• Admitted to practice in California
• 3-6 years of litigation experience
• Strong academics and solid work history
• State and Federal court experience.