Our mission is to think creatively, proactively formulate and pursue the most effective, efficient solutions to our clients’ legal needs with small, dedicated teams. Everyone at Summit Law Group shares in the firm’s success, and our attorneys are equity owners of our business. We have eliminated the inefficiencies inherent in traditional law firms – such as hidden charges, rigid cost structures, and leveraged hierarchy – to focus exclusively on our clients. Our innovative model has been proven by a long, successful track record that covers a broad variety of complex legal issues.
Summit is consistently recognized as a top law firm on regional and national levels, and is consistently ranked by US News & World Report – Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Summit was also named Washington Firm of the Year at the 2021 & 2022 Benchmark Litigation US Awards and has also been recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces for 2021 & 2022 by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We are especially proud that in its 2022 Diversity Snapshot, Law360 recognized Summit as being among the leading law firms across the nation for diversity. Additionally, we received Mansfield Rule Plus Certification earlier this year for our diversity in leadership efforts.
Are you interested in joining an entrepreneurial, highly capable, and collegial law firm where you can have an immediate impact representing and advising clients? Do you share our recognition that many traditional law firm customs, including hierarchical business structures and the soul-crushing partnership track, don’t serve the interests of clients or attorneys? Do you desire to be part of an inclusive organization that embraces diversity, where you can be your authentic self? If you answer yes to these questions, Summit Law Group may offer the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summit is seeking a labor attorney who will represent employers in collective bargaining negotiations, as well as in unfair labor practice proceedings and arbitrations. This attorney will also advise and counsel employers on labor and employment issues. Bring in a portable book of business is not essential due to the group’s existing workload. This is a great opportunity for attorneys who are currently in a large firm or in-house and are looking to make partner as part of a nimble team working with high-profile clients.
Skills and Competencies
• Candidates must be a member of the Washington State Bar Association (or the bar association of another state and able to obtain Washington State Bar Association membership within a reasonable period of time). Candidates must reside in Washington, or plan to relocate.
• We prefer a minimum of 5 years’ experience representing employers in union negotiations and labor arbitration, but are open to considering candidates with similar skillsets.
• Experience in advising employers on employment issues, including those relating to discipline/discharge, leave and accommodation, wage and hour, and discrimination/harassment/retaliation. Experience or interest in presenting at employer conferences on labor issues.
• We are looking for a colleague who is self-motivated, client-focused, team-oriented, and interested in helping to continue to develop a diverse client base. A sense of humor and experience representing public sector entities are pluses.
• Candidates should be interested in joining the membership given the all-member model at Summit.
How to Apply
See Complete Posting Here
Please Apply Here