Website Hoge Fenton
Hoge Fenton is a multi-service law firm headquartered in downtown San Jose, with highly focused practitioners who can exceed most of its clients’ ongoing needs. As a member of Mackrell International, a premier network of independent law firms in 60 countries, the firm’s reach extends around the world. Mackrell International has been named a Top Ranked Chambers Global Leading Law Firm Network. More information: http://www.hogefenton.com/ and http://www.mackrell.net/.
Hoge Fenton has an immediate opening for an IP/Privacy associate. The position is based primarily in downtown San Jose.
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status.
We offer our associates a full array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, EAP (employee assistance program), Technology Credit Union membership, 401(k), the Gradifi student loan repayment benefit, and a no-accrual vacation policy.
Our environment is collegial, collaborative, and supportive. We provide both formal and informal training opportunities and encourage professional growth, both as a lawyer and a businessperson.
Duties and Responsibilities :
This position primarily supports both our trademark and our privacy/data security practices. Soft IP responsibilities include prosecuting and defending trademark claims, and asserting and defending copyright claims. Privacy responsibilities include working with clients to develop privacy policies and best practices, and responding to/defending law enforcement requests for data. Data breach responsibilities include participating on a team to provide immediate and multi-pronged breach response services.
Skills and Competencies :
The successful candidate:
– Possesses strong academic credentials
– Has strong legal and factual/investigative (internet) research skills
– Has excellent written and oral communication skills
– Has a commitment to excellence
– Is a creative problem solver; has the ability to comprehend complex subjects (conceptual thinker)
– Has the desire and ability to understand technologies, for example, sensor array testing, semiconductor, programmable logic, etc.
– Has a desire to learn and grow professionally; intellectual curiosity
– Demonstrates good judgment
– Has a strong work ethic
– Works well in a team environment; wants to be a positive contributor to a practice team
– Desires to invest in building a future with a mid-sized law firm
Must be a current member of the State Bar of California.
Must have at least two years of private law practice experience in this practice area, with some experience taking responsibility for client matters (with supervision) and disciplined time entry.
Must have prior experience independently identifying issues and anticipating/recommending necessary next steps.