Clyde & Co US LLP
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide. The firm specializes in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, including: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest-growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Clyde & Co seeks an Associate with 3-7 years’ experience to work with our insurance coverage practice group based in Irvine, CA. This practice represents US and foreign insurers in complex, high value, high profile coverage litigation and arbitrations. This is an excellent opportunity for an experience attorney who is able to work within a busy and fast-paced team environment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Prepare pleadings and briefs, and correspondence to colleagues and clients;
– Analyze insurance policies, draft coverage opinions and provide coverage recommendations to clients;
– Conduct legal research using Westlaw/Lexis/Nexis;
– Draft interrogatories and document demands;
– Attend depositions, hearings, and mediations as required.
Skills and Competencies:
– Exceptional legal research, writing and communication skills;
– Strong interpersonal skills;
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
– Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
– Admitted to practice in California, additional admissions a plus;
– Experience working on complex insurance coverage litigation matters, including coverage opinions and formal correspondence to policyholders;
– Federal court experience.
We offer a rewarding work environment that supports professional growth and opportunities. We value diversity in our work place and it is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.
It is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly- qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basisprotected by applicable law.
CLYDE & CO PRIVACY NOTICE: https://www.clydeco.com/help/privacy