Internship Opportunity with Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco
About the Internship Program
The legal department of the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco (the “Bank”) is a seeking first-year student from an accredited law school to participate in our 10-week, paid summer internship program. In addition to gaining real-world legal experience in the financial services industry, interns can also take advantage of mentoring opportunities, participate in community involvement projects, and enjoy other benefits the Bank has to offer.
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco
The Bank is a member-driven cooperative helping foster homeownership, expand access to quality housing, seed or sustain small businesses, and revitalize whole neighborhoods. We do this by providing our members, including commercial banks, credit unions, industrial loan companies, savings institutions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions in Arizona, California, and Nevada, with reliable access to liquidity, essential financial services and expertise, and resources for affordable housing and economic development. We link our members to the worldwide capital markets and maintain a ready supply of liquidity to ensure that funds are immediately available when our customers need them.
We are one of 11 regional Federal Home Loan Banks (the “FHLBanks”) that serve the United States as part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System. Each FHLBank operates as a separate federally chartered corporation with its own board of directors, management, and employees. The FHLBanks are not government agencies and do not receive financial support from taxpayers.
Working with members, community nonprofits, cities, and towns across our region, we also support affordable housing and economic development through targeted grant and loan programs. As part of this effort, we set aside 10% of our income each year to fund Affordable Housing Program grants for lower-income households. Together with the other FHLBanks, we are the largest source of private funding in the country for creating affordable rental and homeownership opportunities and economic revitalization.
Legal Department Internship Qualifications:
• Current first-year J.D. candidate enrolled in an accredited law school.
• Strong academic credentials with coursework in standard first-year law school curriculum required and completion of or enrollment in corporations, administrative law, securities and secured transactions coursework preferred.
• Preferred candidate is interested in pursuing a career in corporate banking and financial services law.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
• Ability to work on a team as well as independently.
• Desire to gain professional experience.
• Ability and willingness to exhibit initiative, motivation, and drive.
• Perform research and analysis and draft legal memoranda on various statutory, regulatory, and commercial topics (including recent legislation and regulatory activity).
• Draft and review legal and corporate governance documentation.
• Attend internal and system-wide bank meetings and conference calls covering a variety of topics.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
All interested applicants may submit a resume to email@example.com.
$35 per hour. This is a full-time position.
Bank Website – www.fhlbsf.com
The Bank is located in San Francisco and requires all personnel to be in office a minimum of two days per week.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org