Website Kaiser Permanente
As America’s largest nonprofit health plan, serving over 9 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia, we’re driven by the needs of our patients and our responsibility to the communities we serve. We recruit high-caliber individuals and provide them with a positive work environment, outstanding facilities and resources, competitive wages, and exceptional benefits. If you believe the quality of care and quality of life go hand in hand, this is the place to put your beliefs into practice.
Reading Between the Lines
From acquisition of products and services, real estate transactions, and new ventures to union grievances, provider operations, and liability claims, this group encompasses all of Kaiser Permanente’s legal and government counseling and provides cost-effective legal support across all functions.
Hospital and Health System Counsel – Provider Operations Practice Group
In this role, you will provide counsel to Kaiser Permanente hospitals and health care providers regarding regulatory and operational matters. You will have the opportunity to have a broad provider regulatory practice, supporting Kaiser Permanente’s operations as an integrated delivery system in California and the eight other jurisdictions where Kaiser Permanente operates. You will be responsible for advising Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan leadership on complex regulatory issues impacting Kaiser Permanente operations and strategic plans across multiple legal business entities and the impact of health care laws and regulations governing the range of providers in Kaiser Permanente’s delivery system (including hospital, ASC, SNF, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology, psychiatric health facility, hospice, home health, continuum, and medical office), as well as regulatory enforcement matters, both in California and in other jurisdictions where Kaiser Permanente operates. In addition, you will advise delivery system leadership and frontline staff on health law and regulatory issues impacting day-to-day care of patients in Kaiser Permanente facilities, including consent, bioethics, privacy, and security (including mental health and chemical dependency providers), medical device/pharmacy regulation, EMTALA and Medicare/Medicaid rules impacting providers, including Medicare/Medicaid conditions of participation as well as serve as a subject matter expert and resource for advocacy of Kaiser Permanente policy positions, furthering Kaiser Permanente’s mission.
• At least seven years of experience as an attorney in a law firm or company or in government in one or more legal specialties
• California State Bar license
• Membership in a local Bar Association
• The ability to demonstrate skillful insight into critical business problems and emerging legal issues
• The proven ability to render timely and sound legal advice within applicable legal principles
• The ability to maintain current knowledge of specialty area
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• At least seven years of legal practice experience, with at least four as a health law attorney representing hospitals and health care providers
• Strong experience within the health care industry
• Experience advising complex organizations with the interaction between multiple legal entities
• A positive personality that will be an asset to the group
• The ability to reach out to others to learn and develop the necessary skills
• The ability to work collaboratively in a team setting, working closely with colleagues in other practice areas, as well as with colleagues who support other Kaiser Permanente regions
• Strong soft skills with demonstrated enforcement of ethical behavior in self and others in accordance with the Kaiser Permanente Principles of Responsibility
• The ability to adhere to organizational policies and guidelines and support compliance initiatives
• The ability to maintain confidence, admit mistakes, conduct business with honesty, show consistency in words and actions, and follow through on commitments
• The ability to be accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring, and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 842270