Intuit believes in the power of the individual. The power to do more. To make more. To be more. We believe in the people who do things – the hat jugglers, the to-do list junkies, the masters of getting it done faster, better and more efficiently than ever before. Whether that’s balancing the household budget, running a business or paying taxes. We believe in these people because we are these people. We thrive on action – and results. And by making things simpler, we all get more out of doing what we love. We’re innovators, and have been at it for more than three decades. And we don’t stand still. As the world evolves, so do we – inventing new solutions to solve important problems, perfecting those solutions and delighting our customers. In short: We’re on a mission to power prosperity around the world. We started small in 1983 with Quicken personal finance software, simplifying a common household dilemma: balancing the family check book. Today, we serve 50 million customers in North America, Europe, Australia and Brazil, with products available from the desktop to the cloud.
• Lead, inspire and develop the Company’s global products legal team and set the team’s strategy to ensure our products are compliant with global legal and regulatory requirements.
• Understand the impact of established and emerging laws and regulations on Intuit’s customers, products, services, and technology infrastructure, and ensure that the team provides clear guidance to the business regarding those laws and regulations.
• Build strong partnerships across all of Intuit’s groups to shape our product and compliance strategy, including legal, privacy, compliance, central technology, information security, HR, technology infrastructure, product management and development, sales and marketing, customer success and data science.
• Develop and maintain effective and appropriate policies, procedures, and supporting documentation for your team to demonstrate compliance of our products; and further develop consistent, principles-based guidelines that will enable our business to quickly deliver new product and data innovations for the benefit of our customers.
• Advise product, central technology, data science, customer success, and innovation teams regarding proposed or potential product/platform features, and clearly communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations and requirements.
• Partner with the Chief Privacy Officer and Chief Data Officer, data scientists, and other senior leaders on how we can continue to innovate with data for the benefit of Intuit’s customers, including the application of artificial intelligence strategies, while protecting customer data, complying with laws and adhering to our data stewardship principles.
Skills and Competencies:
• Executive presence, communication skills to effectively articulate your vision, and the ability to influence business leaders at Intuit and across the industry.
• Ability to provide guidance that appropriately balances risk and opportunity.
• Ability to drive problem solving from a high strategic level as well as from deep in the details.
• Extensive knowledge and experience analyzing and applying federal, state, and global laws related to products and platforms, including privacy and data protection, regulations and requirements related to financial products and services, online services and e-commerce, mobile apps, information and cyber security, consumer notice and disclosure requirements (e.g., GDPR, FTC Act, GLBA, FCRA).
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and drive innovation at multiple levels.
• Proven ability to quickly gain trust, negotiate business objectives, have constructive debate, and work directly with a broad group of senior leaders, including partnering with peer leaders and business units.
• Energize the organization to drive continuous improvement and explore and implement creative ideas to significantly improve performance.
• Role model and influence others to achieve high performance and personal satisfaction through a sense of purpose and spirit of collaboration.
• 15+ years of experience practicing law in-house or at a top law firm; products experience strongly preferred.
• Deep experience leading and growing a diverse team of legal professionals at various stages in their careers, and a demonstrated track record of hiring, retaining and inspiring top talent.
• Proven leadership and management experience at a large public company.
• JD from a top law school and good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar.