At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a detail-oriented, highly organized, highly motivated individual to join our legal team as our Head of Legal Operations. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal team. This is a generalist role which involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the Legal team, including contract management, litigation support, procurement, billing, and administrative filings. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and business needs in a rapidly changing environment. In addition, you must be able to work independently, proactively identifying areas of need and generating action plans. You will report directly to the VP, Associate General Counsel.
- Manage and grow the existing Legal Operations function and team
- Design and manage processes to positively impact the Legal team’s efficiency and effectiveness (including contract management and litigation support)
- Drive legal projects with on-time and on-budget results
- Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, and provide training and support to legal team members
- Lead legal vendor management and budget reviews
- Establish and provide regular reporting on efficiency initiatives
- Define strategic quarterly objectives for Legal Operations improvements
- Support and manage a variety of ad hoc projects within the team as they arise
- 8+ years experience within legal project operations and management in-house or at a law firm (both preferred)
- Technology company experience preferred
- Strong experience in developing, implementing and maintaining legal department technology solutions (e.g., contract management, billing, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Procurement, IT, etc.) to set objectives and produce meaningful results
- Experience with GSuite, Legal Tracker and Seal preferred
- Willing and eager to take on projects involving unfamiliar subject matter
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.