Since 1978, Mason Tillman has provided research, policy development, statistical assessments, and social marketing services designed to improve minority and women contracting and hiring practices. We have conducted over 150
comprehensive diversity assessments of public and private contracting and hiring practices throughout the United States. Data tells a story of the patterns and practices in contracting, hiring, and retention. We use data to devise Innovative
strategies that meet the needs of our clients, and their constituents, customers, and stakeholders.
Our work is grounded in the seminal 1989 United States Supreme Court decision, City of Richmond v. J.A. Croson. Mason Tillman’s in-house legal team’s sound interpretation and application of case law, coupled with social science principles,
quantitative analyses, and empathy provides our clients with evidence-based policy recommendations, objectives, and initiatives that lead to the intentional inclusion of persons from diverse backgrounds. Our efforts have led to more equitable
distributions of billions of dollars in public expenditures and employment opportunities that reflect the diverse characteristics of our communities.
Mason Tillman is seeking an Equity and Diversity Associate to provide support for research and consulting projects for government and private clients. The work is primarily in the areas of diversity and inclusion (D&I) regarding contracting and
workforce practices. This position is responsible for data collection, project administration, technical writing, and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate for this position has a demonstrated commitment to the principles of fairness and
equity for people of color, women, and other historically marginalized groups, has excellent writing skills, is able to work efficiently, well-organized, detail-oriented, and can prioritize efficiently. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is
critical. This position offers a significant level of responsibility and an opportunity for growth to an individual seeking to advance or begin a career in D&I policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare descriptive statistics and graphics to convey research findings
• Conduct literature research and other independent investigation related to diversity, inclusion and equity. in government contracting, procurement, and hiring practices.
• Interpret study specifications, research findings and quantitative analysis.
• Coordinate project activity and communication with internal and external audiences
• Assist with preparing project reports, memos, presentations, and proposals
• Support execution of duties related to grant proposals, contracting, procurement and business development
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
Entry level experience in one or more of the following technical competencies:
• Policy writing
• Research methods
• Project management
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to initiate and conduct work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• High proficiency in online research, Microsoft Office Suite Mailchimp, and Salesforce applications
• Strong writing skills
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s degree in Public Policy, Humanities or Social Sciences
• Juris Doctorate