TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Our Global Legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for litigation matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
– Handle employment litigation, pre-litigation claims, and all related matters.
– Manage all aspects of employment litigation matters including fact-finding and analysis, e-discovery, witness preparation, depositions, case management conferences, motion practice, and arbitration or trial preparation and presentation.
– Supervise and partner with outside counsel to ensure that all aspects of the company’s legal representation are of the highest quality, including the day-to-day running of matters, overall strategy, written work, and oral advocacy.
– Identify potential litigation or regulatory risk and counsel the business to minimize exposure in your area of practice (employment law).
– Support the company’s strategy for litigation and regulatory actions.
– Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school.
– Minimum of 7 years of employment litigation experience in private practice or a corporate litigation department with a highly regarded firm or organization.
– Ability to research complex legal questions.
– Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, and inter-personal skills.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Member in good standing of the New York or California bar association or another bar association with the ability to register as in-house counsel in New York or California.TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]