Autodesk is the global leader in design and make technology, including industry-leading 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and services, that offer customers better outcomes though automation and insights for their design and make processes. With over $3.5 billion in revenue and more than 12,000 employees, Autodesk has established itself as the leading provider of design and make technology that empowers innovators everywhere to achieve the new possible – for products, their businesses and the world. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. With a vision of a better world designed and made for all, Autodesk serves customers in architecture, engineering, and construction; product design and manufacturing; and digital media and entertainment industries. Its customers design, fabricate, manufacture, and build anything by visualizing, simulating, and analyzing real-world performance early in the design process.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Legal team supporting Autodesk’s People and Places Team. You will be our third employment counsel, reporting into the Director, Global Employment Counsel.
In this role, you will support the People and Places team in the U.S. and internationally. We have over 10,000 employees in 40+ countries. You will be an integral member of our small employment team and have the unique opportunity to partner with leaders throughout the company on all employment law issues. The work is both interesting and challenging. You will join a diverse and talented Legal team who are creative, passionate, and focused on making an impact.
This position can be based in our San Francisco Bay Area offices or our Portland, Denver, or Boston offices.
- Provide pragmatic advice on a broad array of employment-related matters, including hiring, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, compensation, benefits, contingent workforce issues, terminations, and immigration
- Advise on internal investigations and sometimes lead them
- Evaluate employment practices and provide recommendations on compliance
- Manage pre-litigation claims, agency charges and litigation
- Advise on employment law aspects of M&A transactions and integrations
- Collaborate with colleagues and local counsel to advise on international employment issues
- Partner with Autodesk’s People and Places team to build scalable processes and training for employees and managers
- 8+ years of employment law experience (preferably a combination of law firm training and in-house or secondment experience)
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member in good standing in any a state bar, preferably California
- The ability to effectively triage competing demands, often with short deadlines
- The ability to function independently to drive assignments to completion
- A willingness to work outside of regular business hours when needed, particularly for international support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional judgment and creativity, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives
- A comfort level working in an unstructured environment
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and varying functions of the Company
- Experience with international employment law
- A collaborative and cross-functional mindset that is culturally sensitive and inclusive
- An approachable and flexible manner with a great sense of humor