* WRITE IT DOWN: Provide legal counsel in connection with all corporate activities, assisting in preparing SEC reports and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks and 10-Qs, drafting 8-Ks, drafting proxy statements, overseeing Section 16 reporting, and managing legal aspects of SEC reporting process).
* BE AN OWNER: You will work collaboratively as part of the corporate legal team to handle general corporate and board governance matters and bring thought leadership and a proactive approach in the area of securities law and corporate governance and compliance.
* EMPOWER OTHERS: Able to provide legal advice and support with respect to cross-functional teams, including equity, executive compensation, subsidiary management, investor relations, finance/accounting, shareholder outreach, as well as manage a small team.
* NO SHENANIGANS: Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of humor, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment and able to partner with global cross-functional teams including Investor Relations, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Equity as well as other Legal professionals on various projects.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading successful corporate legal teams.
* Minimum of 8+ years of experience, including at least 5 years at a nationally recognized law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice, and 2+ years of experience as in-house counsel.
* Experience in preparation of public company SEC reporting including ’34 Act filings like the 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statement, Section 16 reports/filings, 8-K and strong SEC disclosure drafting skills.
* Experience assisting with Environmental, Social and Governance matters and reporting initiatives is preferred.
* Provide legal and compliance support on all securities and corporate finance related matters. Partner with the accounting, finance and investor relations departments to ensure compliance with all SEC regulations.
* Prepare and review board and committee materials and advise on all other board related matters.
* Support all governance / compliance policies and procedures, including updates to such policies and procedures, particularly managing Twilio’s Insider Trading Policy and assisting with pre-clearance requests.
* Work collaboratively to prioritize business objectives and manage the corporate aspects of being a fast-growing company.
* Provide support for other projects, including working on a range of complex equity and securities issues.
* Assist with international expansion relating to subsidiary management, including international corporate governance, international registration, and management of subsidiary entities
* Exceptional attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.