The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is an innovative, nationally-recognized municipal law office working to protect and advance the rights and interests of San Francisco and its residents. With just over 300 talented, dedicated attorneys and staff, the Office provides the highest quality legal services to the City’s Mayor, Board of Supervisors, officials, and departments. Our work empowers City leaders with effective, responsive and creative legal solutions and representation so they can deliver critical public services for the betterment of the San Francisco community.
The Office recognizes that diversity in the backgrounds, ideas and experiences of our employees enriches our workplace and enhances our work. Our commitment to diversity is reflected in our team of attorneys and staff. We aspire to recruit, employ, retain and promote capable individuals representing the full spectrum of our community, and welcome all candidates, including candidates of any race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age and candidates with disabilities. We have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and stay, and where employees feel engaged and valued for their work and contributions to the Office and the City.
• Work effectively and efficiently within multiple competing deadlines, adjust to workload changes and dive into new assignments quickly.
• Excellent written and oral communication and advocacy skills.
• Ability to manage, investigate, and litigate multiple defensive matters in both state and federal courts.
• Work effectively with paralegals, legal assistants, investigators, and other support staff.
• Experience with e-discovery.
• Exhibit an interest, comfort, and good working knowledge of sophisticated document review tools.
• Ability to exercise excellent judgment, multi-task, and be curious.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
• Interest and ability to work successfully as part of a team.
• Three or more years of civil litigation experience, including trial experience.
• Licensed to practice law in California.
The City and the Office are committed to the health and safety of our employees. Under the City’s Vaccination Policy, all City and County of San Francisco employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. For details on how this condition applies to your employment, please click here.