The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is an innovative, nationally-recognized municipal law office working to protect and advance the rights and interests of the City and County of San Francisco and its residents. With just over 300 talented, dedicated, and diverse attorneys and support staff, the Office provides exceptional legal services to the City’s Mayor, Board of Supervisors, officials, and departments. Our work empowers City leaders with effective, responsive and creative legal solutions and representation so they can deliver critical public services and our affirmative advocacy enhances the lives and wellbeing of the San Francisco’s residents and visitors.
The Office recognizes that diversity in the backgrounds, ideas and lived experiences of our employees enriches our workplace and enhances our work. We aspire to recruit, employ, retain and promote capable individuals representing the full spectrum of our community, and welcome all candidates, including candidates of any race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age and candidates with disabilities. We have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and stay, and where employees feel welcomed, engaged and valued for their work and contributions to the Office and the City.
• Excellent communication and legal analytical skills
• Ability to assume responsibility quickly and work independently and efficiently
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, with a positive attitude
• Ability to manage and appropriately balance multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and adjust to fluctuations in workload
• Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
• An interest in and commitment to public service
• Understanding of government operations and regulations