The Office recognizes that diversity in the backgrounds, identities, ideas, and lived experiences of our employees enriches our workplace and enhances our work. We aspire to recruit, employ, retain, and promote capable individuals representing the full spectrum of our community, and welcome all candidates, including candidates of any race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and age, and candidates with disabilities. We have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and stay, grow professionally, and build a career, and where employees feel welcomed and respected for their full authentic selves, engaged, and valued for their work and contributions to the Office and the City.To learn more about the City Attorney’s Office please visit our website.
To learn more about the Office’s efforts to provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where employees feel they belong and can meaningfully contribute, please click here.
• Licensed to practice law in California.
• Excellent oral and written communication and advocacy skills.
• Ability to manage and appropriately balance an active caseload of investigative and litigation matters, meet deadlines, and adjust to occasional workload increases.
• Excellent judgment, ethics, and commitment to public service.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a problem-solving attitude.
• Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
• Five or more years of litigation experience, ideally including case development and trial.
• Ability to assume responsibility quickly and work independently and efficiently.