Global Law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has an exciting opportunity for a junior/mid-level privacy lawyer in our San Francisco office. The position will sit within the Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity group and collaborate with fellow experienced GT privacy and security attorneys in the U.S. and abroad.
In order to service the cutting edge needs of GT’s global client base, we seek a self-motivating candidate with technical mastery of the workings of the Internet, deep familiarity with major global and U.S. data protection legal frameworks, and a desire and proven record of providing exemplary client service. This is a partner (shareholder) track position.
The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years of advising on complex privacy and/or security matters in practical and business-oriented terms, whether in-house or in private practice. We seek someone with superior writing and communication skills, a strong work ethic, comfort with ambiguity, and outstanding interpersonal skills. IAPP CIPP certification (U.S. and EU) is strongly preferred.
– Admission to practice law in California with excellent academic credentials;
– 3+ years of experience specializing in data privacy matters;
– Knowledge of and experience in assisting companies develop global privacy programs in compliance with the CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, COPPA, CAN-SPAM and other global privacy laws and regulations (with additional consideration for sector-specific experience in financial services, insurance, education, telecom, biometrics, or digital advertising);
– Experience drafting and negotiating professional services agreements, vendor/service provider agreements, technology licenses, and other types of commercial agreements involving data sharing;
– Experience drafting and revising privacy notices, terms of service, incident response plans, information security policies and other data protection policies;
– Experience in driving data breach preparation, risk mitigation, coordination and responses; and
– Experience in working on technology transactions, in particular in relation to privacy and security-related due diligence and advising.