It’s an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. With over 200 million and growing monthly subscribers, the Netflix payments team helps ensure that our members receive best in class payments experience. As we continue to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented, intellectually curious and highly collaborative attorney to support our payments team globally.
As Payments Counsel, you will independently draft, negotiate and advise the business on complex and novel payments transactions with acquirers, card networks and other payments partners. You will work directly with cross functional teams including payments, design, product and engineering to understand and provide pragmatic legal advice on key strategic initiatives and product features such as offering and maintaining a wide range of payment methods (including cards, gift cards, mobile wallets and bank based payments), payment optimization efforts and tokenization. You will also work closely with other experts on the legal and policy teams from many different offices, as well as external advisors to monitor and understand changes in laws and regulation that may impact our members’ payments experience.
Skills and Experience:
- JD (or foreign equivalent) and at least one US State Bar admission
- At-least 5-8 years of legal experience at a global company, with strong transactional background drafting and negotiating complex payments and financial services agreements.
- Understanding of payments laws including laws, regulations and network rules related to the use of traditional and emerging payment methods (e.g. credit cards, debit cards, prepaid/gift cards cards, mobile wallets, direct debit, instant payments and open banking), consumer financial services, payments data privacy, recurring payments and unclaimed property.
- Strong interest and familiarity with merchant side payments, emerging payment technology, new and alternative payments instruments and the payments ecosystem (e.g., the role of acquiring and issuing banks, card networks, payment processors, gateways, vendors, etc.)
- Creative thinker who is pragmatic, collaborative, solutions-oriented and is comfortable working independently and across time zones at a fast-paced global company.
- Excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.