Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is seeking a Counsel, Legal Affairs candidate focused on gaming. The Counsel must have knowledge of the gaming landscape and must have prior experience drafting complex agreements. Although this is primarily a legal affairs role, the Counsel – as a key member of the of the team focused on games – must be business-minded and focused on pragmatic solutions.
The position reports to the Director of Gaming, Legal and will partner closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders to advance our gaming strategy. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape and execute our gaming initiative.
The successful candidate must have comfort with ambiguity, and be able to make quick, well-informed decisions and have an entrepreneurial approach.
Qualifications and Prior Experience
- Prior experience working in legal affairs focused on gaming.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience negotiating and drafting complex agreements, including licensing agreements and/or development agreements
- Experience overseeing video game development is preferred.
- JD and membership in a state bar.
Skills and Competencies
- Passion for gaming.
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross‐functionally, think pragmatically and be solution‐oriented.
How to Apply