The Law Department provides timely, efficient and business-focused legal services to the company. The Regulatory, Environment and Land legal team provides both regulatory and transactional support across a broad spectrum of matters pertaining to rates, rate design, the environment, land and real estate.
The Counsel (Rates) Attorney will report to the Managing Counsel for Regulatory, Environment and Land and will work primarily in the areas of customer rates and rate design. The Counsel will be responsible for providing legal advice and representation to clients in various aspects of the company’s operations, depending on the rate or rate design matters at issue. The Counsel will be expected to lead, and assist in, regulatory proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $170,000
Bay Area Maximum: $290,000
California Minimum: $162,000
California Maximum: $276,000
• Represent PG&E in regulatory proceedings before the CPUC, including hearings, workshops, written submissions and filings.
• Develop and implement regulatory strategy as part of a team that includes regulatory affairs and client representatives from policy and operational organizations.
• Provide advice and counsel to management and project teams on legal issues and strategy.
• Prepare legal documents, including complex pleadings and Board materials.
• Manage and coordinate outside counsel, including outside counsel budget.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
• Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
• Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
• A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
• Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
• Using various communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
• Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
• Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
• Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
• Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
• Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
• Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
• Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
• Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Juris Doctor degree
• Experience as Attorney, 3 years
• Legal experience, post-JD-Juris Doctor, or other job-related, 6 years
• Law Bar admission, US
• Experience in legal matters, complex
• Law Bar admission, CA or Registered In-House Counsel permit, CA
To apply for this job please visit careers.pge.com.