The Wells Fargo Legal Department is seeking an experienced attorney to join its Commercial Banking division to support the “Global Receivables and Trade Finance” lines of business. Global Receivables and Trade Finance provides supply chain finance services, accounts receivable and purchase order finance services, international trade services and asset-based lending services to companies throughout the United States and internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In particular, the candidate selected for this position will primarily support the supply chain finance businesses. Responsibilities will include the following: (i) advise on a wide range of factoring and commercial finance issues; (ii) coordinate legal research relating to cross border international business; (iii) create and update documentation templates; (iv) advise on issues of reputational, operational and legal risk; (v) provide line of business support for compliance issues; (vi) perform legal due diligence for new or modified products; (vii) coordinate litigation and workout support with other Legal Department colleagues; (viii) manage outside counsel relationships; (ix) delegate work to and supervise junior attorneys and paralegals.
• 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of legal-related experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government, regulatory, financial services, or technology
• Active State Bar membership
• Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
• Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
• Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
• Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
Other Desired Qualifications
• Factoring/supply chain finance or asset-based lending experience
• International cross border commercial lending experience
• Major law firm and/or in-house experience with a financial institution