With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
As Corporate Counsel for Trade Compliance, you will be responsible for promoting Autodesk’s commitment to legal compliance and business ethics and serve as the lead attorney for our Trade Compliance program internationally. You will be a member of the Autodesk Compliance team and will help build and maintain a practical and effective global compliance program. You will support and collaborate with the Finance Organization’s Trade Compliance team to ensure on-going compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies; manage investigations into allegations of noncompliance; and help design and deliver employee training programs, new policy initiatives, technology enhancements, and business guidance. This position will report to Autodesk’s Director of Compliance & Litigation.
- Help develop and implement proactive strategies, processes, and work instructions to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies related to trade compliance
- Investigate allegations of noncompliance, and help to drive remedial and preventive action as necessary
- Monitor updates to export laws and regulations – as well as changes to Autodesk’s product lines, business models, and key strategies and systems – to ensure compliance with applicable export controls, economic sanctions, and anti-boycott regulations
- Serve as the primary legal escalation point for all export-related compliance questions, contract analyses, and due diligence reviews
- Coordinate with the Trade Compliance team in Finance Operations on program initiatives, export license applications, export screening escalations, regulatory inquiries, and other cross-functional compliance matters
- Develop online and in-person training programs, and smart and practical guidance for our global business teams
- Assist with general compliance issues, including internal investigations and compliance projects and program development, as required
- Experience advising on export controls, economic sanctions, foreign boycotts and related international regulatory matters
- Practice at a major law firm is strongly preferred, and prior in-house experience is desirable
- Experience with regulatory and/or internal investigations, and in building, implementing and monitoring effective trade compliance programs is preferred
- Familiarity with Export Control screening software applications and strong data analytics skills are preferred
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; strong verbal and analytical skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; highly team-oriented; a commitment to professionalism; a sense of humor; an open mind; flexibility as to the types of projects assigned; solid business acumen; willingness to work outside of normal business hours; and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure are required
- U.S. state bar admission in good standing is required. Experience in the software or technology industries is desirable as is a willingness to travel occasionally