With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
Looking for the opportunity to use your legal skills in a career that combines innovative technology and creativity? We are searching for a product attorney to provide legal support to our Forge/cloud platform team.
Developers inside and outside Autodesk use the Forge platform to create Autodesk-based cloud applications, mobile applications, and workflows. Forge extends Autodesk technology beyond our existing products to create customized Autodesk experiences for the community of Autodesk users – our engineers, third-party developers and customers. Come join us to guide Forge through that journey!
Provide day-to-day legal support to cloud platform team, and partner with leaders and product and business team members to help create robust, secure, compliant and delightful cloud-enabled products, services and tools for our customers and developers
Learn and advise on new technologies, such as AI and machine learning, new business models, new strategic initiatives, and the ever-changing landscape of PAAS, IAAS and SAAS
Identify and drive resolution of issues related to intellectual property, privacy, data security, marketing, competition and other legal and regulatory areas in support of our cloud offerings
Help design and implement scalable legal and compliance strategies and processes to address the numerous legal needs of cloud platform, services and products
Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements relating to cloud services, cloud platforms, cloud APIs, SDKs, data analytic services and tools, third-party software development, software, open-source software and other technology and strategic partnerships
Support cloud M&A activities, including advising on transaction structure, diligence, execution and integration
- JD degree from ABA accredited university and member in good standing of the California Bar
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience providing legal support to software and cloud service businesses at both a well-regarded law firm and corporate legal department
- Prior in-house experience with a born in the cloud service company is highly desirable
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- Extensive experience negotiating complex technology transactions
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, accountable
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once, prioritize and easily shift from one situation to another
The Ideal Candidate:
- Technology savvy and experienced working with cloud platforms, infrastructure, developer platforms, cloud applications, mobile apps and outsourced cloud services
- Skilled at the application of laws and regulations in areas of new technology
- Highly analytical with expertise in intellectual property, privacy, technology transactions, and general commercial law matters
- Excellent communicator (including listening), who works well with software engineers, architects, senior leaders and legal colleagues
- Highly persuasive when needed, and always able to explain complex issues in an understandable, straight-forward, and engaging way
- Practical and flexible
- Collaborative team player who thrives on finding solutions in a dynamic work environment and is biased toward simplification, scalability, and action
- Good sense of humor
Why Work for Us?
You’ll join a diverse group of professionals who are highly engaging and a lot of fun to work with. This is what you can expect: interesting and challenging assignments; a flexible schedule and a collegial work environment. Autodesk employees are passionate, creative, and focused on making an impact in their respective fields.Learn more about why Autodesk is continually ranked a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor, and others: Top 7 Reasons You Should Work at Autodesk and check out what Autodesk employees are saying.