- JD degree or equivalent degree.
- 7 years of attorney experience negotiating, drafting, and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, Cloud, or SaaS representing an enterprise business.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience with cloud computing, business associate agreements, professional services, and privacy law.
- Demonstrated experience representing an enterprise business and responding to commercial clients’ needs.
- Experience advising on data privacy matters and data security requirements.
- Background in drafting and managing services agreements, business contracts, licenses, alliance agreements, and intellectual property agreements.
- Demonstrated contributions to the culture of your workplace and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review, draft, and facilitate commercial agreements, including customer agreements, data processing agreements, professional services agreements, business associate agreements, intellectual property licenses, partner agreements, reseller agreements, inbound services agreements, and statements of work for Google Cloud.
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Cloud Sales team, Professional Services team, Marketing, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise business clients, as well as Finance and other company colleagues, on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes for customer, reseller, and partnership agreements.