CMCP is seeking a strategic communications and marketing professional with a passion for diversity to develop, implement and manage all aspects of CMCP’s communications for membership, events, and programs. This role will work closely with the Executive Director to support the vision and mission of the organization.
Communications and Marketing – High Level Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Review, evaluate and implement overall annual communications plan in collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Events and Operations
- Develop, implement, and manage communications and marketing plans for:
- Programs and events, including the Annual Business Conference
- Membership awareness and engagement, including member onboarding and benefits utilization
- Membership development, including prospecting and recruitment
- Member recognition and highlights, including achievements of member organizations and individual attorneys of color
- Review and analyze performance and effectiveness of communications plans and campaigns. Audit, adapt, modify, and improve strategies and approaches to maximize impact and engagement of marketing and communications activities. Provide periodic reports to Executive Director and other staff.
- Manage marketing and communications budget
Content and Communications Creation and Management
- Develop, create and repurpose content for and manage communications channels including website, quarterly newsletter, weekly email Bulletin, Annual Business conference bulletins (approximately 12 over 3-month period), email list, LinkedIn company page and group, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Develop and manage a communications calendar for all communications channels
- Oversee development and production of marketing and promotional materials for organization activities and events
- Monitor organization’s communications and marketing policies, brand, style guidelines and all logo utilization to ensure consistent branding and alignment with communications and marketing policies and desired organizational image
- Manage and coordinate communications, marketing and technical freelancers located remotely and overseas, such as graphic designers, website developers and content managers
- Engage and where needed coordinate the support of members, stakeholders, organization partners and volunteers in promoting organization’s programs, events, and initiatives
We are seeking candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a functionally equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing
- Experience leveraging and managing third-party resources such as agencies, writers, graphic designers and web designers and developers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with mastery of the English language and proven expertise in crafting and adapting messaging to target multiple audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to many different content formats, including email, web copy, longer-form thought pieces, social media copy, blog content, case studies and testimonials, one-pagers, overview materials, and more
- Familiarity with and comfort level in addressing issues of diversity, inclusion and equity in corporate settings
- A natural communicator with proven collaboration skills across a variety of personality types and functions
- Execution oriented with the ability to wear multiple hats and a passion for project management
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment with a small and agile team
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
- Excellent communicator who is an analytical and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform decisions
- High competency in Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint/Teams and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Experience managing content in WordPress sites, and managing email campaigns using email service providers such as MailChimp or Constant Contact, with a working knowledge of HTML
- Proficiency in use of CRMs, customer databases and marketing automation tools
- Fluency in web, email and social analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, MailChimp, etc.)
- Enthusiastic about taking initiative and full ownership of work and job duties
- Highly customer service oriented
- A passion for social justice and equality
- Experience working in or with membership associations/organizations
- Experience working in or with the business law industry (business law firms or corporate legal departments)
- Experience in marketing and promoting events such as business conferences or tradeshows
Compensation and Benefits
CMCP offers competitive wages. Benefits are described below.
For full-time employees, benefits include the following:
- Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
- 2 weeks paid time off (3 weeks after 1st year)
- End of year holiday week off (paid)
- 10 paid holidays (including day after Thanksgiving)
- Flexible Spending Account
This a full-time salaried position, with an expectation of hours sometimes extending beyond an 8 hour day/40 hour work week, particularly in the weeks preceding the Annual Business Conference in September/October, and at the commencement of membership renewal cycles in December/January and May/June.
Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a cover letter, compensation requirements and resume as Word or PDF documents to email@example.com with “Communications and Marketing Manager Position” in the subject line.
Responses to applications may be delayed due to Annual Business Conference and office closure.
Application deadline is October 21, 2019.
CMCP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, national origin or ancestry, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or registered domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.