Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a stronger, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work, and we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials, a strong interest in a labor and employment litigation practice, experience litigating class actions, excellent courtroom demeanor, a strong client service aptitude and a willingness to accept constructive feedback. The ideal candidate will also be detail oriented and have superior interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills. Commitment to client service is critical as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will project professional presence and demonstrate flexibility in work situations.
For California, the expected salary range for this position is between $179,000 and $230,000 annually. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Will handle defense of agency charges of discrimination, lawsuits involving a broad range of employment-related claims, including wage and hour class/collective actions, PAGA and advice and counseling involving similar issues.
– Analyze wage and hour data to evaluate potential exposure on a class and representative basis.
– Advise and train employers on a wide range of employment laws and regulations, including anti-discrimination laws.
– Represent employers in court, before administrative agencies, at mediations, and in arbitration in a broad range of employment matters, including discrimination, contract, employment tort, wage and hour, and non-compete case.
Qualifications and Prior Experience
– JD from ABA-accredited law school.
– Admitted to the CA State Bar and in good standing.
– Competitive class ranking.
– 3+ years of employment litigation experience.
– Understanding of current agency (state and federal) enforcement techniques.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Strong organizational and project management skills.
How to Apply
Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and Riverside, please contact: Jaime-Ann.Varmon@Jacksonlewis.com
Sacramento, Silicon Valley and San Francisco, please contact: Lee.Manning@jacksonlewis.com
To apply for this job email your details to Lee.Manning@jacksonlewis.com