The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years in civil litigation defense experience. Excellent opportunity for an Associate Attorney with a background in employment law, premises liability, construction defect and personal injury. Strong research, analytical and communication skills required and the proven ability to manage a complex caseload is essential.
The position comes with the following benefits:
– Monthly Billing Bonus Program ($500 bonus for 150 hours billed in a month, $1,000 for 160 hours, etc.)
– Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), FSA, group Life, and LTD offered for eligible employees
– Paid Vacation and Sick time for eligible employees
– Analyze and assess case value to aid in early resolution.
– Evaluate, create and execute a litigation plan to cover all phases of litigation.
– Maintain communication with client through the course of the claim.
– Comply with all litigation and budgeting guidelines.
– Perform legal research on relevant issues throughout the course of the litigation process.
– Draft meet and confer letters to opposing counsel regarding discovery issues.
– Represent the interests of the client(s) at hearings, trials, depositions, mediations, arbitrations and other proceedings.
– Prepare clients for depositions and other applicable hearings.
– Negotiate settlements on behalf of the client(s).
– Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in the Civil Defense Litigation department.
– Knowledge of current employment and construction laws.
– Strong research, analytical and communication skills.