Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
- Structure, negotiate and draft third-party financing agreements with lenders, completion guarantors, producers, and distributors (e.g., notices of assignment, directions to pay, payment agreements, and related documentation) to accommodate licensor partner requests.
- Project manage all corporate legal matters related to third party financing deals, including working closely with lender’s counsel, business and legal affairs, accounting, treasury and creative to confirm project-specific information and for execution.
- Manage and maintain the records and data integrity of all information pertaining to third-party financing (including tracking the status of all third-party financing agreements, delivery notices, termination/repayment notices, and all finance files).
- Prepare guidance documents and educate cross-functional teams (by way of periodic presentations, training, and Q&A) about production financing-related questions on licensed projects, associated documentation, security interests, and internal policies regarding the same.
- Assist with corporate development/M&A deals including managing and maintaining files, preparing and updating deal checklists/trackers, and organizing diligence update meetings with internal legal teams and outside counsel.
Qualifications and Prior Experience
- 7+ years of relevant corporate legal experience, ideally at both a major law firm and in-house with a multinational company.
- Significant experience with third-party financing documentation, production finance, corporate development/M&A, production, licensing and intellectual property.
- Team player who is also comfortable working independently with minimal oversight on certain projects and can make decisions independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and teams, providing excellent support when needed.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to distill important points and frame and present issues succinctly.
- Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically, and be solution-oriented.
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise.
How to Apply