Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
For California, the expected salary range for this position is between 179,000 and $230,000 annually. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The successful candidate will assist clients in the following areas: Preparation of employee handbooks and personnel policies, drafting of employment offer letters and agreements, development of drug and alcohol testing policies, compliance with wage and hour regulations, implementation of discipline and discharge protocols, investigating employee misconduct, compliance with special statutory protections for the disabled, protection of employee privacy interests at the workplace, development of affirmative action plans, compliance with plant closing and mass layoff regulations, drafting of severance policies and separation agreements, preparation of confidentiality agreements and trade secret programs, compliance with health and safety regulations, and implementation of military reservist and veterans’ protection statutes.
• The successful candidate will develop and conduct training programs for both supervisory and nonsupervisory employees designed to meet clients’ needs such as sexual or discriminatory harassment, prevention of workplace violence, compliance with employment discrimination laws, proper hiring practices, minimizing liability in discipline and discharge decisions, compliance with health and safety obligations, and federal and state wage and hour compliance.
• This attorney will conduct and counsel employers on workplace investigations, including allegations of employee misconduct and assist with allegations of employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; possession, use, and/or sale of controlled substances; compliance with corporate ethics policies; workplace violence; and employee theft.
• This attorney will develop an innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment and provide employment counseling and advice to the business team in a fast-paced environment.
• This attorney will interface with other attorneys to provide a complete range of services with respect to client business transaction including compliance with plant closing/mass layoff laws, assumption of employment agreements, separation/retention of employees, transfer of personnel files and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
• May be asked to provide employment practice audits, newsletters and alerts, seminars and workshops on significant developments and customized training program.
• This position may also include defending charges of discrimination and lawsuits, as well as representing employers in court, before administrative agencies, at mediations, and in arbitration in a broad range of employment matters, including FEHA claims, wage and hour violations, contract, employment tort, and non-compete cases.
Skills and Competencies
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school
• CA Bar Admission required
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local workplace and employment law a plus
• Understanding of current agency (state and federal) enforcement techniques a plus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and law school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com